We are thrilled that we are finally able to begin welcoming back our patients of Markville Dental and Pringle Creek Dental, who have been waiting for many weeks to be seen in our clinics. Of course, our eagerness to get back to work will not eclipse our collective duty as healthcare professionals to take all possible precautions to protect the health and safety of our patients, team members, and local communities.
Please see the list below for a complete guide to what we have done to help keep you safe and comfortable at your next visit with us. In addition, we will increasingly be using digital platforms such as email and text to schedule, confirm and convey up to date information to you in a timely manner.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces. You will be asked to text the office upon your arrival. A team member may ask you to remain in your car until we are ready to see you.
- Screen all patients for signs and symptoms of Covid-19. All patients will be required to answer a set of health questions at the time booking and upon arrival at the office.
- All patients, staff and accompanying caregivers will have their temperature taken by a contactless thermometer upon at arrival the office.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic. Caregivers will be asked to wear a mask from home if they wish to wait in the waiting room.
- No magazines, toys or beverages will be available in the waiting room. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic. You will be required to use hand sanitizer upon arrival and dismissal from the office.
- All patients will be required to use an antiseptic rinse prior to any treatment to reduce exposure to germs.
- Payment arrangements can be made in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Use of enhanced high-volume suction units called PureVac to eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures. Also, use of rubber dam isolation for all restorative appointments to minimize aerosols and droplet formation.
- Upgraded ventilation systems in the practice to have the highest level of protection with HEPA filters.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched during the day.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Providing tele-dentistry services to minimize the need for in person consultation appointments through video conference appointments with the doctor.